New kitchen taps cold water cloudy

Hi

I fitted some new kitchen taps and notice when i get a glass of cold water it is cloudy (looks like airiated) this settles if you leave it for a few minutes.

is this normal (cold has always been clear prior to new taps.)

hot tap did this before and after but the combi installer said it was normal with the hot water.

Mark

Reply to
Mark D Smith

The cloudiness is caused by microscopic air bubbles in the water. It is harmless but I'm not sure how you might correct it.

Reply to
Bob Watkinson

Is it because the taps are thinner and so the pressure is higher on exiting the tap?

i have been drinking it once it settles and it tastes ok.

Mark

Reply to
Mark D Smith

Dunno sorry Mark. I really wouldnt worry about it though.

Reply to
Bob Watkinson

Are you finding the same from any other taps (mains water only) in the house or those of your neighbours? If so then it is air in the water mains, usually happens after a burst and refilling. If not then like others have said there must be a change in the pressure to or from the tap. It is certainly air and does not affect the water quality.

Reply to
Stewart

Try removing the fitting at the outlet end of the spout, this may be an aerator, but as has been said, just air bubbles, imagine it is 'shampers'

Reply to
kitchenman

If it clears from the bottom up it's air, if it clears from the top downwards it's sediment. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Bottom up

Mark

Reply to
Mark D Smith

If the inside surface of the taps is rougher than the old ones, there may be more turbulence to the flow than before, introducing air that way.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat