Male Irons for mixer shower

Hello all, I have just bought a built in thermostatic mixer shower. I will need to connect male irons for the input / output.
Which ones are best? soldered or compression?
Also, is there a recommendation for the amount of PTFE tape to use on the thread joint?
Many thanks

I would have expected the mixer to come complete with the appropriate connectors. However, compression is the only way to go because if you were to solder the pipework after screwing in the male thread it would not be possible to dismantle the valve without cutting the pipes.
10-15 turns of PTFE tape on the male threads should suffice for a leakproof joint.

Yes, I thought that seemed a lot! 2 - 3 would be my guess. Enough to make the joint tight but not too tight.
Rob Graham