Lifting individual blocks from block paving

A relative of mine has had her Ford Ka parked on my drive (block paved) for two months. She has just removed it but I was concerned to find that the blocks immediately beneath the four wheels have 'sunk' slightly, creating depressions.

I'm surprised by this because my much larger Rover 75 estate has not caused such problems - although it is not left parked on the driveway for more than a few hours at a time.

Is there any way that individual blocks in a block paving drive can be lifted in order to pack sand beneath to reset the levels?

Kev

Reply to
Uno-Hoo!

You could get something like this and chop it down to size:

Hammer it into the gaps around the block and heave it out - the more you heave, the firmer it grips.

Or get the right tools:

Or rake out the sand in the joints to expose the sides and drill small (2mm) slanting holes into the (normally below the surface) sides of the block. You should be able to drill 4, one next to each side joint. Then stick a silver steel rod in each hole, and loop some rope around them. Put a building block on the ground next to the one to be removed, a scaffolding pole resting on it and going through the rope loops. Heave up on pole to pull the block out..

Reply to
Palindrome