Block Paving Sealant

I have just jet washed the rear patio. It is block paved and the blocks are so clean they look new again. I am considering applying a sealant to try to stop the ingress of dirt (they have never been sealed before) . Hoping that after the sealant is applied dirt wont penetrate into the blocks and dirt resting on top of the blocks can be hosed down and swept with a broom. Does anyone here have experience of block paving sealant? Is it likely to do what I want it to do? Any advice on a particular brand to use or to stay away from?

Thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

Alt Beer coughed up some electrons that declared:

Sorry - I cannot give you a tried and tested recommendation, but I see this one a lot in the builder's merchants and maybe B&q or Wickes:

a look and there might be some useful info there somewhere...

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Much as it pains me to say so, the best information on this subject isn't on Usenet, but at ...

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

On May 25, 7:17=A0am, Thomas Prufer wrote: pains me to say so, the best information on this subject isn't on

I agree. I gathered a lot of good info there.

On block paving sealants, B&Q carry a range of quality branded 'Sika' products. They also sell the cheapo Thompson and own branded variety. The chap who did my block pave driveway said use the matt finish. Don't go for the gloss wet look.

Also my driveway is sloping and on the pavingexpert site they recommended a sealant that had a grit or something to aid grip. I can't remember what it was called though and means trawling through pages of forum posts.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Starling

The sealants made by Resiblock are supposed to be the best but they are also extremely expensive at around £50 for 5 litres. The cheaper sealants are urethane-based and don't last longer than 18-24 months before re-sealing is necessary.

Reply to
Mr Benn