Hotpoint WM32 washer?

Hi group

Already posting here re- fridge/freezer drain problem, but I have a hotpoint WM32 Aquarious washer with a suspect pump operation.

I recently cleaned out the pump and renewed the drain hose (full of scale) due to the washer not draining fully draining, and that curred that, but now

4 weeks later the repetative "suction" noise of the pump goes on much longer than it did previously. It does still do the wash/spin OK,but takes longer...My wife has just started using a recommended scale inhibiter (calgon), due to the "hard" water we have here.No leaks. any ideas please?

Terry

Reply to
Terry

There is usually a filter in the 'tank to pump' hose, probably got a small item of clothing in it, check that first. Calgon is a waste of money in my opinion, the adverts seem designed to try and scare people into buying it, and I have never known a heater, or any other component fail from having limescale on it.

Reply to
Harry Stottle

Thank you Harry Sorry Harry but what is the 'tank to pump' hose please, unless it is the main hose from pump to sink drain?..if so I see no filter.

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Unless you're doing hot washes, washing machines don't heat the water enough to drop out the limescale. What you might find is that the Calgon disolves away solids in other places which are actually forming seals, e.g. around the drum seal which is probably now hard and less flexible than when new.

Also, don't use sulphamic acid descalers in washing machines with GRP drums (many Hotpoints have GRP outer drums). Sulphamic acid makes the resin in GRP go brittle. (I've no idea what descaler is in Calgon.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It is the hose that goes down from the tank to the pump, the hose from the pump to the drain is the outlet hose. If the outlet hose is connected to the U bend of the sink, also check there are no obstructions in the connector at the U bend.

Reply to
Harry Stottle

OK Harry

Can the tank be removed safely by releasing the large hose clip...it is connected to a thin transparent tube leading to a "unit" at top of washer inside. Is there a filter...anyone know please.? Can I remove the thin tube held on by cable tie to the tank, without disturbing any vacum settings.?

Reply to
Terry

There are numerous variations on how hoses are connected to the pump, and it is usually only when you see them in situ that the easiest way to remove them can be assessed. Do not lay the machine on its side, or tip it over, to make working on it easier as this could result in further problems. You seem to be asking too many questions, both with the fridge, and the washer, which leads me to doubt if you are really cut out to do this type of work. I appreciate the need to ask questions if someone is not sure of what they are doing, but when too many questions are asked on what should really be basic tasks, then perhaps it might be best to call in a local service engineer, (who should be a lot cheaper than calling out the manufacturers engineers). If you can find a good engineer that does both refrigeration and washing machines, he should be able to clear the blockage in the fridge whilst he is writing out the receipt for working on the washing machine.

Reply to
Harry Stottle

Thanks Harry

I will master it!