Hotpoint fridge freezer (Grenfell tower.)

Advice re above from manufacturer. (Cause of fire.)

Reply to
harry

In message , at

22:01:17 on Fri, 23 Jun 2017, harry remarked:

Good luck organising a product recall on an item discontinued eight years ago.

This also raises an issue - are residents generally responsible for supplying their own white goods in social housing such as this?

Reply to
Roland Perry

Yes. Although if a new tenant is coming from a homeless/hostel situation ro und here the local authority may organise a package of cooker/fridge/bed/wa rdrobe/duvet/panset/kettle delivered and installed from a contract furnishi ng business.

Other places might just give tenants £50 and send them down the Sally Army.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

There is some good stuff at the sally army, I know, I have just taken a load of it down there.

They didn't want the HiFi cabinet though, nobody wants them.

Reply to
dennis

how nice of them ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I'll take it ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Tip was on the way back.

Reply to
dennis

bummer

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Better than getting Grenfell Towers' landlords' selection.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Actually, around here all kitchen goods are part of the better homes deal, soI wonder if tthe next building will be called Hotpoint tower. Irony in the name? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Is that Polish pounds?

Reply to