hot tap running really slow

My kitchen tap runs to a slow trickle ones the water heats through th pipes never did this before have turned the screw under sink both ways its either off or just the trickle it runs fine to start with,any suggestions?thank you Vi.

If it is just the one hot tap, make sure the little circlip on the valve stem has not fallen off. Tap top and cover off first. Be careful not to lose the clip if it has fallen off; they are tiny. If it is off, clip it back.

itsnaeme wrote:

Count the number of turns needed between fully off and full on both on the problem tap and another similar one. If the problem tap is significantly less turns then suspect scale. My taps do this and every couple of years, I dismantle the tap head, descale and reassemble with silicone grease with very measurable improvement.
hth
Bob

Change the tap washer Jim G
itsnaeme wrote:

Air lock?
Do you have a hot water tank?
--
Adam

If the OP has a water tank, it could be that the elbow coming out of the top of the starage tanmk is all fured up and needs cleaning..... Jim G