slow running water

I have a slow running water(low pressure) in my bathroom faucet.
Thinking that the faucet was bad I replaced it. However the water is
still running slow. All other faucet are running ok.
Do compression valves go bad??
Any other ideas would be appreciated.
TIA
Reply to
dk
Valves get dirt and stuff stuck in them. If the problem is on both the hot and cold, then check further down the line. If the other hot and colds are all good, then maybe you've got frozen pipes.
Reply to
Bob
Then change the valve. Don't try to clean or repair it. Compression valves are simple to replace. Make sure the arrow is pointing the right way.
Reply to
Bob
when was the house built? do you have galvanized supply lines? if you have galvanized lines they could be rusted and this restricts water flow. please respond.
Fish
Reply to
fish
If you have some cold water coming out the new faucet, and good hot water pressure, with copper pipes, and the valve is all the way open, then it sounds like a clogged or bad valve. Take the valve apart and check it.
Reply to
Bob
I agree with most of the answers that it does sound like a valve, likely the one you are thinking of, but don't eliminate the possibility it is the shut off valve that is under the sink.
Reply to
Joseph Meehan
As mentioned you probably need to replace the angle stop( compression valve) If the existing angel stop is a compression fitting from the supply stub out 1/2" copper you need a 5/8 Compression to 3/8 compression. There might not be enough pipe sticking out from the wall to cut the compression ring off and add a new one.( they do make a puller, Vie cut them off be careful) What you might do is take the old one with you find one that the compression nut fits the old one. Before you put it back together if you can try to blow some water out of the line, there might some debris in there. You might have a angle stops with the supply line attached ( cheap junk) so you might need the right supply lines. When you put back together use pipe dope on compression ring and compression nut threads. When you have it all back and it all looks good leave a piece of newspaper under the sink for a day any small wet spots will indicate a leak.
Reply to
Sacramento Dave
Thanks everyone. I replaced the compression fitting in less that 10 minutes and my water pressure is normal.
Reply to
dk
if you didnt replace the hoses that feed the faucet, one hot one cold it might be the cause.
those flexible lines can cause this, the inside rubber tube detoriates
had a bad case of that with my hand held shower
Reply to
hallerb

Site Timeline Threads