slow running hot tap

How can I fix a slow running hot tap?

I have just been fixing the kitchen hot tap (well, tried to anyway, but it seems to be fubar!) so the water is already turned off at the hot water tank, and figured it would be a good time to fix the hot tap in the bath which runs so slowly it takes hours to run a bath. The pressure is fine in all the other hot taps, it's just the bath tap which runs slow.

Reply to
Liz

It sounds like a blockage, somewhere between tank and bath, although I figure it can only really be close to the bath, if your wash basin in the bathroom is also getting a good supply.

If it were mine, I would remove the plastic inserts in the bottom of the hot taps, open both and blow down the bath tap, any blockage (probably a piece of limescale of sludge from the tank), will be forced along to the hot at the basin (hopefully) - if you don't have enough puff, get a small length of hosepipe and attach it to both bathtaps securely, and turn the cold water on and backflush it....doing it this way may send your blockage back to the tank though.

HTH

Reply to
Phil L

Liz Can you still turn on the tap with several turns? If the washer gets very worn turning the tap off can force the washer assembly down too far and you get a restricted water supply along with a tap that you can only only open one turn or so. This was touched on in a recent post by the "Medway Handyman" to a thread "Kitchen mixer tap is slowing down"

PeterK

Reply to
PeterK