Gate fastening

I have just built a wooden gate to replace my existing one. I am having trouble finding a replacement 'catch'. I am constrained by having brick gateposts which have already got a triangular 'hook' to hold the latch. What I am looking for is the equivalent of the fitting that most wrought iron gates have - a simple see-saw with a curved handle. I am having no success here in the NE. The nearest I can find is one with rings you hold and turn, but it's not what I want. Anyone got an internet or mail-order source?
--
Jim on Tyneside UK
Remove X to email me.

Do you mean something like this:
http://tinyurl.com/aw4rf
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:25:42 +0100, Dave wrote:

Sorry no. Far too complicated.
--
Jim on Tyneside UK
Remove X to email me.

http://www.thefirmstonecompany.co.uk/product_froogle.asp?pids 6
http://www.chulmleigh-hardware.co.uk/Record.asp?PR_REF=OW2177
Morley" snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com says...

www.thefirmstonecompany.co.uk/product_antiqueironmongery.asp?pids6
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:55:08 +0100, Rob Morley wrote:

Problem solved. Beacon Hardware in Newcastle. Heaps in stock. I'm well hung.
--
Jim on Tyneside UK
Remove X to email me.
Scott" snipped-for-privacy@Xvirgin.net says...

very happy :-)
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:46:14 +0100, Rob Morley wrote:

Now we have it. The second one is simpler and cheaper. Just like me. Thanks
--
Jim on Tyneside UK
Remove X to email me.