Gate fastening

I have just built a wooden gate to replace my existing one. I am having trouble finding a replacement 'catch'. I am constrained by having brick gateposts which have already got a triangular 'hook' to hold the latch. What I am looking for is the equivalent of the fitting that most wrought iron gates have - a simple see-saw with a curved handle. I am having no success here in the NE. The nearest I can find is one with rings you hold and turn, but it's not what I want. Anyone got an internet or mail-order source?

Reply to
Jim Scott

Do you mean something like this:

Dave

Like these?

?PR_REF=OW2177

Reply to
Rob Morley

That one might not work - this one should:

Rob Morley

Reply to
Jim Scott

The second one is simpler and cheaper. Just like me. Thanks

Reply to
Jim Scott

This is the one I am looking for, but I'm afraid that although this company has it on their website they cannot find a supplier.

more ideas?

Reply to
Jim Scott

Hi Jim

do mail order and if they haven't got it I'd give up!

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Oh b.....

Reply to
Jim Scott

Problem solved. Beacon Hardware in Newcastle. Heaps in stock. I'm well hung.

Reply to
Jim Scott

I'm delighted to hear it, and I hope it makes you and your friends very happy :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley