Electric Oven Outlet Box?

Hello all, I need to connect a new electric oven to an electrical outlet.
I already have the 45A cooker control switch, but this usually feeds the load (oven) below the kitchen worktop. At the moment there is a 13A socket for the oven to connect to.
I don't think the above is suitable, so does anybody know the right type of socket / connection box to use. I have been looking on scewfix but can't seem to find one.
thx
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:14:36 GMT, "Oddjob"

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do ;jsessionid=ZUDW5Q0JG30LWCSTHZOSFFI?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=oven+connection&x&y=9

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do ;jsessionid=ZUDW5Q0JG30LWCSTHZOSFFI?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=oven+connection&x&y=9 thanks for that

What is the power rating of the oven and do you have an electric hob?
Adam

Not bought the oven yet and no electric hob - are you thinking that the 13A socket could be okay?

For a single oven rated at less than 3kW then yes. The cooker switch usually controls electric hobs which need 30 amps but some double ovens need 20 amps. If you have an outlet plate like in the link above than you could use this for a double oven if needed
Adam

I calculate that the 13A socket should handle around 3kW without problem - not sure the rating of single ovens.