Coating for pebble dash

I've just had an estimate for repair of my cracked pebble dash external wall and it includes a final coating of Murfill waterproof water dispersed polymer solution. My son has warned that if water gets in anywhere through a crack it will be trapped and will cause problems. What's the general consensus about waterproof coatings for rendered walls? I suspect the low temperatures last winter has caused the damage to my wall.
"bachgennewydd" wrote:

You are likely to get more responses at uk.d-i-y.
writes

moisture will find its way in somewhere and you don't want to be creating a barrier that will block its escape by evaporation.
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks