CH Cold Flush

Hello everyone,

I have a Ravensheat LS80 Little Star boiler where the DHW heats okay and then boiler turns off. I have been doing some research into this and have come up with replacing the DHW sensor (thermistor) I also understand that the DHW is heated through a secondary heat exchanger, so I was wondering if sludge in the system could be the cause of this? The CH has not been used for a couple of months so coincides with the DHW problem.

Does anybody think that this is a correct assumption?

I've been thinking about doing a cold water flush of my CH system (combi) by using the fill loop and turning the radiators off at the lock shield valve and flushing one at a time to the return drain point. Anybody tried this approach?

many thanks.

Reply to
Oddjob