Can't find GFI

My house was built in 1973. None of the outlets in my bathrooms work. I can't find a GFI. The breaker isn't tripped. I bought this house ~3 years ago and it was renovated before I bought it. I'm fairly certain that there has to be a GFI SOMEWHERE. Any advice on how to find it?
On 02/01/2011 02:09, jrmckins wrote:

We do not have outlets in bathrooms (except for shaver outlets supplied by a small isolating transformer).
Places you could look are under the floor or above the ceiling. It might be under the bath, or on a wall nearby, however I have no idea as to what is normal in the US.
I'd never heard of a GFI, but after looking it up I see that it appears to be the equivalent of a RCB that we use in the UK.
The most logical place to check would be where the mains distribution board is i.e. where all the other fuses / mcbs and normally the meter are.
If it is located in the bathroom (which seems unlikely), presumably it should be away from normal contact, in the same way that any UK mains items must be outside the relevant zone.
Roger