Calor gas bottle

I have some plans to make a wood burner heater for a shed from an old calor gas bottle. The plans require me to remove the valve from the top of the bottle before proceeding.

The problem is I have found this to be nigh on impossible - has anyone here ever removed one of these, and therefore got any suggestions/advice?

I am aware of the safety implications, so I want to take the utmost care.

Reply to
Farmer Giles

They are extremely difficult to remove, not least because they don't fit in your vice. You need to find someone with one of those vices which have a length of chain like bicycle chain to go round it and tighten up on it.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat