1" BSP Gate valve for oil tank

Hi, OK, I'll admit it - I am really, really useless at searching the internet. But I have tried, for days, honest.

All I want is an 1" BSP gate valve that will fit on my oil tank. Like ebay item 200067261386, but without the filter -just a valve.

I know they exist. I have one (that needs replacing). I can find pictures of them in web sites selling the pipe to connect to them.

But I can't find anywhere online to get one. And my local plumbing supplies shop says they don't exist any more and I have to get one with a filter on..

The reason why I can't use the one above as there isn't enough room between the tank and the firewall to get one in. I can't use one of the combined valve/filter/gauge because the tank is flat on the concrete plinth and so doesn't have the clearance for the filter bowl.

I already have everything else, the filter, the fire valve, a solenoid valve linked to the fire alarm, all fitted and working.. all I need to change is just the valve.. 1" BSP male to go in the tank and a compression fitting, ideally to 10mm, on the other..

If you know anywhere to get one, or have a mad moment and better searching skills than I, your help would be much appreciated.. Otherwise, it looks like knocking the firewall down and re-building it

6" to the right..
Reply to
Palindrome

Sue. What I would suggest is you get a 1/2" BSP Quarter Turn, Full Bore, Ball Valve (Like Ebay no. 150139634838). And to connect it to the tank, a 1" BSP x 1/2" BSP Reducing Nipple or a 1/2" BSP Nipple Plus a 1" x 1/2" BSP Reducing Bush. And on the other end, use a ??mm OD x 1/2" BSP Compression fitting.You will be able to get these from any local plumbing supplies shop. About £10 tops. A Gate valve in this application is a bit over kill.

Baz

Reply to
Baz

You don't mention whether you're looking for flanged or screwed but British Steam Specialities used to keep extensive supplies of such items when I was in that game. They had nationwide outlets, so there should be one near you.

Try

I would be most surprised if they can't satisfy your needs for basic un of the mill stuff like a 1" gate valve.

Reply to
Tickly

Sorry! I've just noticed you did specify BSP in your original post.

Reply to
Tickly

There's such a thing as a BSP nipple? You live and learn.. Presumably you have to buy them in pairs? ;)

But then I read on as far as "A BSP Reducing Bush".. Known in the trade as a Brazilian, presumably?

Sorry, I can't see me keeping a straight face, asking for that lot in a plumbing supplies store..

But I'll give it a go!

Many thanks,

Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

HiYa Sue. Did you get your "Nipples" sorted?? Baz

Reply to
Baz