Wok Fumes

I am having a problem with my neighbor. He recently installed a vent over his cooktop for the porpuse of venting his wok fumes to the rear of his house. We live in attached home row-style townhomes. I recently notices these fumes eminating from my internal heat/ac duct work. We have forced air. He did all of the work himself in the middle of the night. We appoaced him on the issue but he simply said the fumes were coming from my kitchen. I closed off some of the duct lines to try and isolate the problem and now there are no fumes in the ducts but we are still getting inundated with the odor. They ofen cook late like

9:00-10:00PM and its very disturbing. We get the fumes in our bedroom also. Can anyone help me find some solution or some recourse. There was

a case a while back on this board about a lady who got a court order to

make his naighbor cook only certain hours and eventully got a win and the courts made them move the ven to the roof. Do you think this is possible in NYS?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Mcinbrass

Contact your town's building inspector... Probably doesn't meet code.

Reply to
PeterD

If you're going to live in an attached row townhouse you going to smell your neighbor's cooking. If you can't accept that then get yourself a house with some land around it.

BTW - Didn't you post this exact same complaint here about a year ago?

Reply to
Art