where to buy prismatic rectangular wraparound flourescent lens 48" x 10" for older 2 t12 non-electronic ballast unit?

where to buy prismatic rectangular wraparound flourescent lens 48" x 10" for older 2 t12 non-electronic ballast unit?
Can't find anything in local home depot, orchard supply, lamp stores so far (northern california). All those places seem to have switched over to 48" x 8" t8 electronic ballast units.
Must i replace the entire unit by t8 electronic ballast unit just if the lens cracks?
Thanks in advance.
john smith wrote:

All the do it yourself stores sell plastic diffusers both prismatic and matte that are the right length but wider than what you want; they can be easily cut. They bend too.
--

dadiOH

Lots of plastic specialty stores stock and/or cut lenses to order. See http://www.lightingplastics.com/index.html for example. For long life and no yellowing, get an acrylic replacement, not polystyrene.
But, upgrading to a new fixture with T8 lamps and an electronic instant-start ballast would be the most energy-efficient approach. You can, however, convert the existing fixture if you want since the standard (F32T8) lamps fit into the same sockets as your F40T12s. The ballast must be changed though.
TKM
Try here http://www.alplighting.com/pdf/Retrofit_Component_Guide.pdf