Skid Steer Machines

Hi Landscapers and Do it Yourselfers Does anyone with experience in this matter know if a licence is required to operate skid steer machinery in the State of Victoria, Australia? I want to hire a Mini-Loader also known as a "Dingo". I read that in some states a licence may be necessary to operate one with a bucket. Mini Loaders are a small version of a "Bobcats". Both are steered by skidding one one side or the other.
Regards Matt Bastin Hurstbridge VIC
Matt Bastin wrote: ...

No clue but I'm sure you're local rental agency will tell you -- if so, it would make sense they're required to check on it when renting...
But, never heard of such a requirement in the States -- and I always thought Oz was pretty good about not being a nanny organization???