Outdoor flood light Choices / Wiring

I want to install an outdoor flood light on a telephone pole that runs in my yard. (no, I probably shouldn't use it, but yes, I will anyway!)
I am looking at installing a light like this:
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productIdf358-337-AL70MH&lpage=none
The wiring will be direct burial romex...which will run up the pole in plastic conduit, to an outdoor electrical box.
I may also add a timer switch on the pole like this one:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/productdetail.jsp?xi=xi&ItemId11719503&ccitem Any tips/suggestions?
Thanks!
The telephone co will have you remove it
Consider a mercury vapor "on-at-dusk; off-at-dawn" controlled unit for wide dispersion area. Otherwise, have you considered a series of low-volt spots on timer or photo-cell?