electrical detached garage ?

Page 4 of 4

*My you have a lot of questions. Quite frankly I don't know. The ground testers that I have used were of the three point type and the clamp on type and were battery operated.
Many years ago I was a foreman on a shopping center being built in Burbank, Ca. The power company had very strict requirements for their transformer pad. They wanted less than 25 ohms and the soil was sandy. We had already installed two ground rods prior to the arrival of the tester from the power company, but I had a few more handy with clamps. When the guy did his first measurement he said it was no good. We drove a third rod and it was still no good. After the fourth rod he said it was close enough.
Try doing a search on the internet for instructions on using the meggar. Maybe try the manufacturer directly.
Incidentally the two rod requirement was in the 2005 code.

The two point, hand-cranked megger that I'm used to (ex-Navy) were used to determine high resistivity, not low resistivity. That's why the question.
House was turned over to me by the builder on Feb 28th, 2005. Builder started house in November, 2004.
I started the detached garage in late November, 2004. Finished in early January, 2005.
Which brings the question, if the most current NEC code is enforced by the local municipality, is the start date or the finish date of the structure that bears importance to meet local code? I know its unlikely in my case as the municipality has to pass that most current NEC code into their current code before the municipality's inspector can enforce it.
--
Dave

CDOs are how we got here.
"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote in message

*In NJ we go by the code that was in effect at the time the permit was issued. It would be too confusing and a big hassle to change codes during the middle of a project. It could also affect the construction cost.
I would bet the only time you will need to add the second ground rod, is if you pull another permit. You would then be required to be up to the current code.

WhoKnew?????
Dioclese wrote:

Better study it again.