Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

can you seal a driveway pipe
Hi, I have a ditch in the front yard that collects runoff and diverts it into a 12" concrete pipe that runs under the end of the driveway. It is probably about 30 years old. A man came out to look at...
8
8

Rain Screen Wall Vent
Does anyone know of a manufactured item to close the bottom of a rain screen wall system? I'm working on a wall made up of sheathing / 1" rigid insulation / 3/4" vertical furring strips / lap siding.
6
6

replacing carpet?
We need to replace our carpet with wood, tile or something other than carpet. I'm emailing the building management company and condo association to get the rules and guidelines on doing this. We live...
4
4

How to build a Made In America home
and the products used: Product Manufacturer/Supplier State Windows Amsco Windows UT J bolts/foundation S.C. Prototypes MT J bolts/foundation/stock Pacific Steel UT Gorilla Duct tape The Gorilla Glue...
2
2

concrete cure time/garbage truck
------------------------------------- lbm I poured a concrete pad at my farm business a week ago. Concrete is 4000 PSI at one month. I poured it 8 inches as this pad extends onto the gravel drive and...
5
5

Strength of steel pipe or tubing
Realizing this may be a bit vague, if you want to know the details, check sites for the proper information you need to answer my question. Given the length of 20 feet, and the round pipe is 1 inch in...
14
14

fs 15 gallons of kerosene Chicago Suburbs $30
For sale 15 gallons of kerosene that was put inside the gas tanks of 2 forced air heaters and never used. This fuel was bought 2 weeks ago for $63 (over $4 a gallon) and never used because the project...
15
15

Unvented flat roof over unconditioned space
Hello, I'm building a new, detached, residential garage in a Mediterranean climate (Berkeley, CA). Is there any need to ventilate a flat roof over unconditioned space in this context? Without any...
3
3

group dead?
did this group die, or what? I've not seen a single message for days.
4
4

2006 IBC on cdrom
Looking for the 2006 International Building Code on cdrom. Anyone got any links? Amazon doesn't seem to handle it in that format. Also, will be looking to buy the following on cdrom also: 2006 IRC...
1
1

project source
Does anyone have any idea which source is the best for contractor post their advertisements and find projects open for bid? thanks
1
1

Can I convert to attached house
I have a land with a Garage and a Single family house in NYC. Can I convert it to a 4 family attached house. Here is the building information:
5
5

flood zone insurance
I purchased a house and it is required to buy flood zone insurance which costs $2000 per year. but i heard this area never been flooded for the past 30 years. can i request to remove the flood zone...
3
3

procedure about house conversion
Just purchased a single family house in NYC and plan to convert it to 2 family house. What should I do first to get work permit?
8
8

Proper grounding of 220 and 110 outlets
My landlord (of a barn I rent) added a 220 and a 110 circuit for me. He ran one conduit from the panel to a j-Box. In the 4-gang box he added a 220 plug of the type I requested. I can see two hots and...
7
7