"White Carpet" cleaning needed

I want to know the best carpet cleaner to use in a Hoover Steamvac. I have used the liquid cleaner for steam cleaners along with the Oxi-Clean Stain remover. What I have is dirty 'traffic paths' to the Master Bathroom and of course, to my computer desk in the office on white or off white carpet -- the house came that way I'd never have installed it!!!!
I need all the help I can get for getting a bedroom and an office CLEAN again. Thanks!!