Ruined vinyl bathroom floor with bleach

In the past I have cleaned the vinyl floor in our bathroom around the base of the toilet using damp paper towels and bleach. This past time, after removing the paper towels, the entire area was yellow (the floor is pale blue). My husband thinks the bleach ate through the top layer of the floor and ruined it permanently. Does anyone know of any way to fix this? Right now the floor looks awful! Many thanks! Beverly
On 23 Jul 2003 06:10:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (BFrey97147) wrote:

This sounds like you will need to replace the entire flooring (not too difficult to do). Make sure to get a well-known brand such as "Armstrong." I wonder if you applied the bleach full-strength and left it for a long time and/or you have an off-brand flooring. In the meantime, you can get by with one of those wrap-around commode rugs and launder it weekly.
You can get new sheet vinyl the size of most bathrooms for $5.00 to $15.00 at most carpet & tile outlet stores.
If you have an old piece that fit perfectly, you can keep it as a template and pre-cut the new one and swap them out quite often for little to no cost or labor.
TTUL Gary
[On 23 Jul 2003 20:09:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@bbs.galilei.com.nospam (Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.) wrote:]

Your lack of permission notwithstanding, I'm re-posting this to misc.consumers.frugal-living. It's simply too good to just let pass by in the heat of the afternoon.
Harry ;)
Fine with me Harry!
You might want to add, to only use the adhesive heavily at the doorway entrance and behind the toilet where you get occasional drips. A little caulking around the perimeter keeps it from curling or water leaking under it.
Properly cleaning a worn bathroom floor takes about 2 hours, some elbow grease and a lot of bending and costs about 2 to 3 bucks in cleaning supplies, not to mention the toll on your aching back and health from the cleaning fumes.
One can pull the old linoleum and slip in a new pre-cut (from template) piece in under 45 minutes. Which includes, removal and reinstallation of the toilet and the caulking.
You can also buy mill-ends of carpeting that just lays in place. A slit from the back of the toilet to the wall is all it takes to have a piece of carpet that you can remove and wash and/or switch out as the mood hits.
Bathroom only measure normally 5 feet x 6 to 8 feet, carpeting can be hung on a clothesline and washed down quite easily with the hose.
TTUL Gary
snipped-for-privacy@bbs.galilei.com.nospam (Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.) wrote:

Gary, You may think it's fun to disparage our hobby, but some of us have sensitive feelings, especially Phish.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants