Removing Dog Urine from carpet??

Due to an illness, our dog had one single instance of urinating on our carpet. Because we saw it when it happened , we were able to clean it quickly with carpet cleaner. We knew of course that in spite of our efforts, it likely got into the padding, which we couldn't clean.

I have always heard you can never remove a urine smell from carpet. Is this true ?

Any home remedies that we might try at this time? This happened 24 hours ago, but tonight we detected the smell.

--James--

Reply to
James

"James" wrote in news:Q9Vyg.861$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net:

you need something enzymatic. this is available at petsmart Petzyme is available at petsmart. there is something that comes HIGHLY recommended by i'm not sure how available it is to you. look for Anti-Icky-Poo.

here is an interesting article about eliminate cat urine odors. (dog urine is the diet coke of stinks... in comparison) :)

i sure hope your critter is better. i hate to think of how sick your guy must've been to do what he probably really didn't want to.

i love our furry goofs!!! my kids love 'em too. :)

Debra Keith

To Debbie and others, thank you so much for the nice info !!!

--James--

Reply to
James