getting dried liquid Tide off of my laundry appliances

Any ideas on what will remove dried-on liquid Tide from the top of my washer and dryer? I have a 15-yr. old son who does his own laundry, and unfortunately, he is very messy sometimes.... I've tried about everything I can think of to get the dried detergent off, and nothing seems to work. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks

Reply to
jmjjacob

Have you tried rubbing alcohol?

Nan

Reply to
Nan

snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote in news:1154384901.134778.106980@

75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

i would put some water on it... let it sit for a while (to reconsistute). then wipe up. maybe the water might loosen it enough to scrape up with a plastic putty knife.

if THAT doesn't work... GOOP. ;)

Reply to
Debra Keith

Place a hot steamy towel over the area, wait a half hour, and wipe clean. Good to hear a 15-year old is doing his own laundry.

Reply to
Phisherman

Phisherman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

it's a beautiful thing. i should've said so in my response, as well. :)

my 13 year-old has been doing his laundry for 2 years.

i started making him do his laundry as SOON as i saw aptitude. he has a daily list of things to do and his allowance is based on the completion of the list.

i was raised by the "kids are to be seen and not heard" generation. we are the product of that and have become the "let's get in touch with our feelings and i want HAPPY kids not healthy kids" parents.

this is just a theory. as a neurotic mother with OCD i have plenty of time ot explore my theories. ;)

my generation is creating a generation with some wicked entitlement issues. wow.

not only do i want my kids to learn that they have to do for themselves... i don't want them to NOT be able to do for themselves. i'd also appreciate if they weren't bogged down by the gender-defined-role. i want capable boys and a strong girl. my oldest (boy) can cook and i'll save my motorcycle for my youngest (girl).

(my son DOES think i wash my hands too much!) ;)

(steamy towel, good idea. if it doesn't work, get some Goop!)

Reply to
Debra Keith

Thanks to all for the tips - I will give them a try! Debra, I agree wholeheartedly with you on chores etc....my son has been doing his own laundry for 4 yrs. now, ever since he decided that it didn't matter if clothes were dirty or clean, they just went in the wash basket because it was easier than putting the clean clothes away where they belonged. I gave him a chance to change his behavior, he didn't, and thus he began doing his own wash! His allowance is ALSO based on his completion of his chores, but he also is expected to do other things around the house for just being part of the family. My husband is great at helping out around the house, and maybe the one thing I can appreciate my mother-in-law for (!) is how ready and able my husband is to cook or do whatever else is needed. I want to raise my son the same way.

Okay, enough rambling on -- I will try the above tips and hopefully they will work! I want to sell this washer and dryer for one, and two, I have a new set of Whirlpool Duets (which I love) and don't want to have the same problem with these.

MSLady

Debra Keith wrote:

Reply to
jmjjacob