Removing a cell phone ?

My daughter has a cell phone that's stuck to ear. We have tried using various commercial products with no success. Lighter fluid also. (Wrong brand, maybe?)

We have also tried calling Nokia and other cell phone manufacturers, also with no success. They always assure us that our call is important to them, but they don't ever answer their own phones.

One of my neighbours has suggested trying dynamite, but I'm concerned that might damage the phone. We still have 16 months left on our contract.

Ideas / suggestions ?

Thanks!

Reply to
The Other Harry

I suggest having your daughter sit in position where the phone is 2 1/2 feet off the floor. I would also suggest she close her eyes. You can then drop your pants, grab your ankles, and move slowly back until the phone is fully inserted. I'm sure there will be enough suction to pull it out.

Then you can buy her a new phone.

Reply to
Jeff H

"The Other Harry" ??? news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com ???...

If you are serious about this, there is a therapist for "cell phone addiction" in Richmond BC. This is a fast spreading disease.

Rich

Reply to
richmac

Instead of trying to peel the phone off your daughter, the trick is to peel your daughter from the phone. Have a strong person hold the phone steady at chest height, grab your daughter's head. Using the tips of your fingers, slowly but firmly peel your daughter's ear down and away from the earpiece. You'll not only get her released from the phone, but the phone can generally be reused. This method won't damage the phone like immersing your daughter's head in boiling water does.

Reply to
Tom Miller

Just switch to Sprint!

She'll have so many dropped calls that the keypad will wear out from redialing the number.

And/or she'll get tired of trying to carry on a decent conversation.

TTUL Gary

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

You should be happy she still lives at home. Give her more cell time and worship the ground she stands upon.

C> My daughter has a cell phone that's stuck to

Reply to
letsplay-2
[On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:00:53 GMT, letsplay-2 wrote:]

She doesn't live at home. We're talking $1800 a month here. Plus tuition. That is quite literally more than I spend on myself.

She hatches next June. Late May, perhaps, if the professors' union gets things right.

I'll be attending her graduation.

The difference between daughters and sons seems to be that sons never hatch.

Reply to
The Other Harry

Cancel her contract or don't pay the bill. She'll soon put it down when it doesn't amuse her any more.

-- DrClean

The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Reply to
DrClean

As I'd suggested, take it away from her. If you continue to pay the bill, you have noone to complain to, imo. If she can't live without it, switch to a pre-paid plan and tell her she's out of luck when the minutes are gone until the next month. Letting her continue to rack up huge bills without being accountable is not doing her any favors. She needs to learn financial responsibility.

Don't say that! I have a 19 year old starting college next month. He's hoping to "hatch" in a few months and build his own nest.

Oh, and he pays his own cell phone bill ;-)

Nan

Reply to
Nan