How to remove soap scum from clear shower door?

Page 2 of 2
I have the best luck with that new Kaboom cleaner in the purple bottle. You can buy it at Wal-Mart. Take the doors off their hinge and lay them down in the tub or outside. Spray heavily and leave for a few minutes. Scrub with a nylon covered sponge. Rinse well.

I have really good luck w/ a dryer softening sheet and some elbow grease. I think it was a hint from heloise...or something on those lines, and let me tell you, it really works!
Good luck, Heidi
Medusa wrote:

My best luck with soap scum on a shower door has been straight vinegar and a semi-abbrasive sponge (kind of like those sponges that are a yellow sponge on one side and a green scratchy thing on the other, but this one is white instead of green, and apparantly doesn't scratch surfaces as much. www.thecleanteam.com sells them pretty cheap. Also saw similar ones in Wal-Mart that actually had a handle. Spray the vinegar on the door and let it sit for a while - seems to help loosen the stuff up. You're still going to have to scrub pretty hard, though.
...razor blades are a great tool for certain things, and thought I've never needed to resort to them for soap scum, I bet it works great.
Just BE CAREFUL! First thing - make sure the surface you are scraping is wet (again - try wetting it with vinegar). Second - make sure you use the blade at a low angle -- almost along the plane of the door. Third - make sure the blade is sharp. Dull blades don't clean - they scratch.
- Michael http://www.4naturalcleaning.com
(shinypenny) wrote:

I take mine down to the car wash. No muss, no fuss, 75 cents to wash and 75 cents to rinse, does a great job. -Tock
I have never been able to get my shower doors spotless since right after we installed them. After a few years I finally gave up. I still regularily scrub them just to say they are *clean* but for appearances I hung a pretty (cloth) shower curtain up in front of the doors to hide them. I still have the convienince of shower doors without having to look at the ugly things.
We just got involved in some new great cleaners that are 100% chemical free. They work better than most store products and cost the same or less. Tub & Til and Sol-U-Mel is fantastic on soap scum. They also sell soap that has no lye in it so this avoids soap scum. The soaps I found a little more than I like to pay but have since found they last 2-3 times longer than the coat soap I was using. They call the soap the Gold Bar or Platinum bar and the smell is great. Got to www.momswin.com/kismet for more info. or to get information. Hope it helps. Bob
--

"Doing what you've always done,
will get you where you've always been."

I have had good luck using Citra-Solv on soap scum that seems resistant to other remedies. I just spray it on, let it set, and wipe it off with a sponge with the white 3M scrubber on one side.
snipped-for-privacy@qnet.com