How to remove soap scum from clear shower door?

it is oxalic acid, not muratic.

Reply to
Charlie Spitzer

Will-DoT Mildew Stain Remover Concentrate Wipes out mildew and removes soap buildup, lime scale, stubborn dirt and grease from bathrooms and hard surfaces throughout your home. Use on bathtubs, showers, sinks, ceramic tile, stainless steel and chrome fixtures, fiberglass and porcelain surfaces, vinyl mats and shower curtains, concrete basement walls and floors, garbage cans and diaper pails. This non-abrasive concentrate cleans to a sparkling shine and leaves a pleasant, fresh fragrance. One bottle makes five 16-oz. pump spray bottles. Biodegradable and phosphate free. Contains BITREX--which has such an intensely nasty taste it is practically impossible for a person or pet to ingest.

22 fl.oz.

Getting Started with Stanley With Stanley Home Products your financial investment is minimal -- as low as $10 for a starter kit. There are no hidden costs or inventory to purchase. All you need is the desire to get going!

Sandy

Reply to
Sandy Bray

DAMN SPAMMER

"Sandy Bray" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@fidnet.com:

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

My best luck with soap scum on a shower door has been straight vinegar and a semi-abbrasive sponge (kind of like those sponges that are a yellow sponge on one side and a green scratchy thing on the other, but this one is white instead of green, and apparantly doesn't scratch surfaces as much.

sells them pretty cheap. Also saw similar ones in Wal-Mart that actually had a handle. Spray the vinegar on the door and let it sit for a while - seems to help loosen the stuff up. You're still going to have to scrub pretty hard, though.

...razor blades are a great tool for certain things, and thought I've never needed to resort to them for soap scum, I bet it works great.

Just BE CAREFUL! First thing - make sure the surface you are scraping is wet (again - try wetting it with vinegar). Second - make sure you use the blade at a low angle -- almost along the plane of the door. Third - make sure the blade is sharp. Dull blades don't clean - they scratch.

- Michael

www.4naturalcleaning.com

I take mine down to the car wash. No muss, no fuss, 75 cents to wash and 75 cents to rinse, does a great job.

-Tock

Reply to
<tock

I have never been able to get my shower doors spotless since right after we installed them. After a few years I finally gave up. I still regularily scrub them just to say they are *clean* but for appearances I hung a pretty (cloth) shower curtain up in front of the doors to hide them. I still have the convienince of shower doors without having to look at the ugly things.

Reply to
suzn

We just got involved in some new great cleaners that are 100% chemical free. They work better than most store products and cost the same or less. Tub & Til and Sol-U-Mel is fantastic on soap scum. They also sell soap that has no lye in it so this avoids soap scum. The soaps I found a little more than I like to pay but have since found they last 2-3 times longer than the coat soap I was using. They call the soap the Gold Bar or Platinum bar and the smell is great. Got to

for more info. or to get information. Hope it helps. Bob

Reply to
Karen Neapolitan

Use a magic eraser ( I use the cheap dollar store brand) and plain water. Wipe all surfaces of the glass then wipe with a cloth. Spray windex and shine with a paper towel.

Reply to
Dreamer