Cleaning vents on wall heater

My two-sided wall heater 's vents are dirty and some have lost paint. They look terrible. For years I have been resolving to Do Something About It. I even bought a spray can appropriate for a heat-emitting device.

But I need to clean the vents before spraying over.

Somebody suggested I take down both vent covers and do it out in the yard. Not being very handy, I sorta balked. Still open to the idea faut de mieux, but would rather not have the hassle.

Any suggestions for cleaning in situ?

TIA

Reply to
Aspasia

sorry, but you will need to remove those darn vent covers, clean them up a bit, and take them outside to paint. are they held in by screws, or? I would only paint the fronts, who's gonna pull them off to look at the backs!!! Try spraying them down with a "windex" type cleaner, let them soak abit and hosing them off, not much back breaking effort there[!] let them dry and paint!! Good Luck, Rose

Reply to
Rose

I agree. And if you really want to look exceptional, remove all the old paint, spray prime and spray paint. Paint strippers that work well require proper ventilation and rubber-glove skin protection. The best paint jobs are well prepared. You might consider taking the cover to an auto body place to get an estimate.

Reply to
Phisherman