CD's

Can any of you tell my how to clean a few CD's that were sitting behind the computer monitor and got wet? It was from a glass of water and they were in a paper holder that they come in. I wiped them dry, but the have white water spots of them. I appreciate your help.
Jules
I would clean them lightly in a pint of water with a teaspoon of dish detergent. Rinse them off with clean water, and allow them to air dry. They should be ok. I have cleaned some very dirty cds this way, and they were fine.
James
"Julie" wrote in message: | Can any of you tell my how to clean a few CD's that were sitting behind the | computer monitor and got wet? It was from a glass of water and they were in | a paper holder that they come in. I wiped them dry, but the have white water | spots of them. I appreciate your help. | | Jules
Usually just water with a soft cloth does the trick. You want to wipe from the inside out, in a straight line. If that doesn't work, take a look here:
How to Make Your Own CD Cleaning Fluid http://www.ehow.com/how_9888_make-own-cd.html
Sam

A lint-free cloth dampened with distilled water may be all you need. You may want to copy the CDs that are of value to you. Always return discs to cases or sleeves when not in use, and handle discs by the edges with clean hands.
Thanks for your help, everyone.
Jules