how to remove chewing gum from the screen?

Hi,

My 5 year-old daughter put her chewing gum all over the screen of her brother's gameboy. Is there any way to clean it?

Thanks for any advice.

Arkadiy

Reply to
Arkadiy

Quick-n-Bright should do the trick - the stuff is amazing. I use it to clean my computer screen and being a smoker, the monitor builds up a yellowish tar and this stuff cleans it up easy. It's also good for just about anything else in the house too like water stains and carpet stains (only if you get to it right away) . It can do more stuff, it's an all-purpose cleaner but that's what I mainly use it for.

Be careful not to press too hard on the screen and let it sit for a minute or two. Use a soft cloth like terry so it doesn't scratch it. Repeat if needed. The only drawback is you have to mix the solution. I would use the strongest strenght for the gum. If you can, try putting scotch tap around the edge of the screen to keep the liquid from leaking into the electronics. This probably will sound strange but I would clean it upside down. Hold it at head level with the screen facing downward. I'm not sure if that's really needed but it might be better to error on the side of caution. It's non-toxic, organic and biodegradable if you care about that stuff.

Good Luck, Sam

Reply to
Sam

OK, thanks.

Actually I searched through this group, and found an advice about using vaseline for cleanning gum. I used it, and much to my surprise, it did wonders, so after just ten minutes of work the gameboy was like new. I didn't believe it could be that simple :-)

Regards,

Arkadiy

Reply to
Arkadiy

That's good information. I never would have thought of vaseline. Learn something new every day.

Sam

Reply to
Sam