How to remove chewing gum from clothing

My child got a chewing gum stuck on her shorts. Washing did not help. How do I remove chewing gum from the shorts?

Reply to
Alexander Galkin

This is Turtle.

1) Get you some Carbontech chloride if you can still get it and put on it and pull it off.

2) Go down to Auto zone and get you a can of 134-A freon and a can shooter and turn the can up side down and shoot liquid freon on it till it freezes the gum and then pull it off. You may want to wear rubber gloves to keep from freezing your fingers. Keep the can of freon for futher use in the future.

And no it is not against the EPA laws for a unlicenced person to shoot it in the air. Now it is again the law for a Licenced person to shoot it in the air. Are we fair here now or not ?

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

May be too late now, but you should have thrown the shorts in the freezer overnight. Stuff pops right off.....

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Freezer or some dry ice works too

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

Marth Stewart's not here So I'll throw in a thought. I have had Excellent luck using Ronson Brand Lighter fluid to remove Gum from hair, fabrick and other items. Other than that I use ice to harden the gum, then break it loose.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

A bottle of that Goo Gone, it wil be harder if it went through the dryer. Rub it on with one of those nylon scrubbers. It works for me.

Pat.

Reply to
Pat

Naphtha.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

That would be "carbon tetrachloride" and (a) it's not available, and (b) all it would do is smear the stuff around anyway.

Wouldn't it be a *lot* easier to just put the shorts in the freezer for an hour or two?

Reply to
Doug Miller

This is Turtle.

It has been 30 years since i used it or spelled it. And no i'm not going to look it up to spell it. About the Smear it around. Awwww you need to be careful and just dip it in the stuff and scrape it off with a knife and then wash it totally off with the stuff. You can't be like a elephant in a china shop when getting it out. You can't be stupit when using this stuff.

Well you say why i did not just put them in the freezer and get it off. Well I don't like waiting for 2 or 3 hours when you can just freeze it with freon and get it done in about 5 minutes. Now Why did you want to freeze it when you can use Go Be Gone stuff and get it out that way? There is probley 10 ways to do it but I just list 1 or 2 that can be done.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Forget all the chemical treatments.

Chewing gum has got to be CHEWED OUT.

Marc

Reply to
MAG

Hmmm, "Nonclothing material buried in clothing".

I might hit Mr Google first.

Drying is generally a really really bad thing to do to clothes with any stain (which I did silk screening, the FIRST thing we did was dry the clothes to set the die and make sure it wouldn't come out.

"gum remove clothes" into google (remember the "gum" part, you'll get the wrong sites otherwise)

Reply to
chuck yerkes