Black mould on carpets!

Hello there, Novice cleaner needs info regarding removal of grotty black mould around the edges of a beige wall to wall carpet in my bedroom. Steam cleaning does not appear to make an appreciatable difference.Any tips greatly appreciated. Cheers, Richard.

I had black around an upstairs carpet but it wasn't mould, it was air coming up through the floorboards and bringing dirt with it. I put thin underlay and pushed it under the skirting to stop it. got rid of the black stain with a Vanish bar.
I use Stain Buddy, It's a spray that works on almost everything. You can get it off of QVC, or www.stainbuddy.com. It's the best thing I've ever used, and i had lots & lots of pet stains!

This isn't mould it's dirt from under the floor boards being forced through and into the carpet. Unless yuo deal with the edge, do something to stop the updraft, then you will make it worse by adding water, it will simply wick up more dirt.
-- DrClean www.DrClean.co.uk The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web
tks for the tips, I'll get right on to it. Richard.