Preventing black mould

Having finally removed the last vestiges of the former kitchen, I can now get at the mould that was previously inaccessible. I have removed the cause of the moisture which was not condensation as previously thought but a slight hidden leak. The plan is to douse the affected area with bleach to kill off the spores and hopefully that will be the end of it. As a belt and braces effort I will paint the affected wall before fitting the cupboards. Can anyone advise me regards suitable paint? I recall anti-mould paints in the past but cannot see anything like that now, do all modern paints have anti-mould properties? Parts of the affected area need a skim of plaster is there a chance after bleaching that mould will come through new plaster?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Ronseal do an Anti Mould Paint for walls and ceilings, matt white. It's done a good jpb here where it was needed.

Reply to
Paul Herber

Isn't the trick to add aspirin or colloidal silver to the paint?

Reply to
alan_m

he is asking you...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

alan_m

Yes, it can regrow. Those paint additives in the link have worked for me.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Bleach isn't particularly effective, better to use proprietary mould and mildew cleaner. We have some I bought from Lidl which has proven far more effective and long lasting than bleach.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike