Tricky Mould removal

I've got some mould inside a glass blown ship in a decanter. Basically I can't get anything but liquid imside there. I've put miltons tablets I use to clean baby bottles through it, so I'm pretty sure it's dead.

Anyone know how I could remove/clean it out?

Reply to
magic.nowaczyk

I've got some mould inside a glass blown ship in a decanter. Basically I can't get anything but liquid imside there. I've put miltons tablets I use to clean baby bottles through it, so I'm pretty sure it's dead.

Anyone know how I could remove/clean it out?

Reply to
magic.nowaczyk

Can you fill the bottle with liquid? If so, try a denture cleaning tablet that bubbles and it may give enouch cleaning action to free up any reside.

I'd try a bleach solution if it would not damage anything. Works well in toilet bowls.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If the mould is on the inside surface of the decanter and if you have a ~ 1 inch opening ...

Or add some sand to the cleaning water and swish around ? < might take off colour or finish ? >

I don't think normal cleaning chemicals are going to work without some abrasive/bubbling/agitation action. John T.

Reply to
hubops

pipe cleaners and bleach? you can bend 'em to reach where you need them to go...

songbird

Reply to
songbird