bird baths

You guys are such a good source of information. I've got another one for you. How do I chean my concrete bird bath. Is ther something to add to the water that will still be safe for the birds?

Use 1/2 teaspoon of dishwashing detergent, a tablespoon of bleach, and a cup of warm water and scrub the concrete with this mix. Allow this to sit for ten minutes, rinse well, and allow to completely drain before refilling. The bleach will kill algae and bacteria. Birds are sensitive to additives and these should not be used in their bath water. Between washings, be sure to replace the water at least twice a week.
Personally I wouldn't use anything besides a scrub brush. The algae comes right off on my two bird baths. Birds don't care if it's sparkling clean. I find they do like fresh rain water though.

-> You guys are such a good source of information. I've got another one for -> you. How do I chean my concrete bird bath. Is ther something to add to the -> water that will still be safe for the birds?
http://www.duncraft.com/merchant.ihtml?pid 16&lastcatid!&step=4
Also, do a search on the Duncraft site for "bird bath cleaner."
As for cleaning, a water/bleach solution and a scrub brush. Rinse thoroughly before refilling.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~