Best vacuum for hard timber floors

I've recently moved house into a place with hard timber floors. It's a big difference from my previous sprawling shag-pile covered place which had compelled me to splash out on a new Dyson.

Problem is, in the new environment, I just don't need it. It was a fantastic cleaner and picks up so much dirt and dust (and carpet fluff!), but it scuffs my new floors when I'm not careful and seems like overkill given the task at hand. Accordingly, I'm planning on giving it to my mother (it'll stop her from coming round to borrow it once a month) and downgrading to something more suited to the task at hand.

Can anyone recommend a decent mid-range vacuum cleaner? Only provisos are that it should be bagless (I'm a convert) and have decent performance on & not scuff, hard timber floors. All suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
Graham Saad
Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy