Recommendation Needed: Vacuum for Tile Floors

I have tile floors, which I love, in all of my house except for the kitchen and bedrooms.

Can anyone recommend the best vacuum cleaner for this type of floor?

Reply to
ELL

I'd think a dust mop or a Swiffer would be easier than a vacuum cleaner. A vaccum cleaner with a long crevice attachment would be useful along the baseboards.

Reply to
Phisherman

Canister vacuum cleaners work better on tile and wood floors than the upright vacuum cleaners, which do a better job on carpets.

I own one of the newer Kenmore canisters which is powerful and does a great job on my hardwood and tile floors but I hate that machine because it's heavy and sort of awkward.

Here you can find out what people think about the different brands of canisters:

(epinions.com)

Reply to
Turandot

I don't know what I'd do without my "Eureka-The Boss: Lite Cordless" sweeper. I have worn out 2 of them in 15 years and I have used it on tile, linoleum, cement, wood, and carpet. It has straight suction (which I never use) and also a rotating brush (which I always use). It holds its charge quite well and it's easy to empty. I've tried others but go right back to this one! It can be bought in many places for around $40.

Sijka

Reply to
sijka

I have a tile eat-in kitchen and use a Hoover stick vac (bagless). It is light weight and works fine. I use a Clorox ready mop to clean - but make my own solution and use discarded wash cloths on the pad - held in place with a handi-wipe - which can be washed and re-used.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

How do you make the solution for the Clorox mop?

Reply to
Vox Humana

My best friend just showed me her little Shark carpet cleaner. She bought it for her hardwood floors. It looks like the old push carpet cleaners but it has a rechargeable battery. If it were anyone one else I would have my doubts, but she always finds the best products. I plan to use one of the 20% off coupons I get for Bed Bath and Beyond or Linens and things. They are only $59. I was so surprised at how well it did. She has a long haired cat and I was shocked at how much it had picked up.

Autumn

Reply to
Autumn

Solution for Clorox ready mop:

1/2 c ammonia 1/2 c white vinegar 1 1/2 c water 1/2 c alcohol (makes it all dry faster)

For the pad part: take a handi-wipe and cut in half. Either fold a paper towel in half, and lay on center of handi-wipe (will be almost exact size of pad) and then tuck handi-wipe in slots on top....or you can use old wash cloths, folded in half in place of paper towel....I always wet them first and then wring water out so they are just barely damp before starting.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

Thanks!

Reply to
Vox Humana

We just bought a Dirt Devil Vac 'n Mop which we like very much. It has a Swiffer-like thing for sweeping, and a vacuum. You can also fill it with cleaning solution which it then sprays forward (but you control when it sprays) as you mop with the Swiffer. It has a rechargeable battery and is cordless which makes it very easy to use.

Reply to
concrtslt

I have laminate, hardwood, ceramic and vinyl in all the rooms of my house with a few scatter rugs and one 5 x 7 rug. I love my 16 amp Eureka boss corded vac. It is powerful enough for the rugs and does a good job on the hard surfaces too! Since I have pets and a hair salon in my home, the swiffers were a waste. Another thing that I have that I would not due without is a broom that is made of black foam rubber. Hair sticks to it instead of being scattered about.

Reply to
The Data Rat