Does this room exist?

Just read an ad in the Home Trends mailing. ADD MOISTURE TO ANY ROOM WITHOUT AN ELECTRICAL OUTLET!! Just place our non-electric Humidifier over a floor register.............

I can't believe that anyone would have a room without an electrical outlet, let alone one without an electrical outlet that they wish to humidify!

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) verbositized:

It must be a REALLY TINY ROOM! Electrical code requires an outlet on any wall 24 inches or wider. And the circumference of a room of 4 square feet would also require an outlet.

Some older homes that passed code when built and not resold could have rooms with no outlets and probably dangerous extension cords all over the place.

TTUL Gary

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

YES, one does exist. I rented a home in Alaska that the former tenants put carpeting on all the walls and ceiling. I think because it was so cold-it also had no heat vent in it!! This room really collected the moisture--no need for a humidifier in that room!!

Reply to
sijka

I hear ya Sijka!

Try dealing with 3 different electrical inspectors on the same jobsite sometime!

Inspector #1: "There MUST be two outlets on this wall." Contractor: "The wall is inside a twin closet." Inspector #1: "I don't care where the wall is, it needs two outlets." Contractor: "Ok, your the boss!"

A week later: Inspector #2: "You'll have to remove those two outlets from inside the closets, it's against code you know!" Contractor: "Yes I know, but Inspector #1 demanded they be installed anyhow." Inspector #2: "I can't help that, you WILL have to remove them!" Contractor: "OK, your the boss!"

Two months later, after closing, during occupancy inspection: Inspector #3: "Occupancy denied until an outlet is placed in the second closet." Contractor (to buyer): "You need an outlet where?" Buyer: "The inspector says we have to have an outlet in the right closet in the master bedroom!" Contractor (to buyer): "Did this guy have red hair and a brown mustache?" Buyer: "No, he had black hair and was clean shaven, why do you ask?" Contractor (to buyer): "Because we did have an outlet in that closet and were told to take it out by one of the electrical inspectors." Buyer: "Well this is the occupancy inspector and he says he won't issue the permit until an outlet is installed." Contractor (to buyer): "OK, well come install one again tomorrow, can you have someone meet us there at around 10:30am." Buyer: "No problem, someone will be here all day."

Three days later: Buyer (to Contractor): "Can we take the plug out and just put a cover over the electrical box?" Contractor: "No Problem, I can do that this afternoon. But can I ask why?" Buyer: "A different inspector came by to check the outlet and when they saw it was in a closet, they said that was against code and it had to be removed or a cover plate put over it. I want the outlet so I said I would have it removed and a cover plate put on it, and they said that was fine. And before you ask, no, this was a lady!" Contractor: "A lady? Guess that's inspector #4 on this same property, sheeeeee. See you this evening!

And that is what it's like in the real world!

TTUL Gary

"sijka" verbositized:

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.