Best Vacuum foy DIY

Hi Guys. What would you recommend as the Best Vacuum for a DIY environment. I have a Dyson DC01 but it not the best for DIY mess.
--
Best Regards
Baz

Henry (Or bigger) Numatic cleaner.
I have had my oldest one for over 10 years and it's never failed. It has fallen down the stairs three or four times and was run over by my neighbour in his transit and it hasn't missed a beat.
By contrast, a friend bought a cheap "look alike" tub vac and it broke after 18 months with a burned out motor.
If you need wet and dry capability, Numatic do one of these too.
If you get one make sure it's got "-22" at the end of the model number. This means it's got the new 'Twinflo' dual speed dual stage motor. It sucks harder and is dual speed.
sponix
sPoNiX wrote:

Numatic have a huge range - really huge. Selection here http://www.vacuumcleaners4u.co.uk/cat/1460
Dave
On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 18:22:23 GMT, "david lang"

Numatic have been rather clever in that most of the parts are interchangeable. For example a Henry motor unit will fit on a george tub etc..etc.
sponix
On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 18:22:23 GMT, "david lang"

I have two Georges. Fine machines
EricP wrote:

I actually work for a competitor of Numatic - and I have a Henry & a George :-)
Dave

Bosch GAS25 or GAS50
These have a number of useful features.
= Automatic switching when a power tool is plugged in = Choice of dust bag or just the container = Drain port at bottom to allow emptying of water after wet cleaning = Powered filter shaker for secondary shaker = Tools and hoses in 3 sizes from 20mm to 50mm
--

.andy

Either of the previous suggestions or a 10 wonder from a boot sale. However, the water sucking capabilities of the other suggestions come in handy from time to time.
John Schmitt

Cheap Earlex bucket cleaner (Machine Mart). Works, cheap enough you won't mind too much if you kill it with brick dust or something. Noisy though and it's not as cheap as you think, if you buy the upgrade filter and hose.
As a general cleaner, then not quite a Henry, but Henry's uprated steel-cased brother (about 25 quid more).

Thanks for the advice Guys. Just ordered a Charles CVC 370-2, a Henry that sucks water as well. Baz
Baz wrote:

I am even more in favour of our "James" for sucking up building debris since I found 100 bags for 20 at Cost-co. At 20p a bag it's easier than getting out the dustpan & brush, although, fine dust such as plaster dust etc very often leads to relatively empty bags becoming clogged and subsequently bursting thereby blocking up the motor filter.
I still prefer my very old Dyson DC01(?) cylinder cleaner for the likes of sawdust and other "fast filling" kinds of dust as you can see when to empty it.
On or around Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:06:17 GMT, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

My 85 AquaVac 4100 industrial cleaner is even cheaper to run than that, no bags at all! Just bang the filters out from time to time and that's it.
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |