Ants!

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@bbs.galilei.com.nospam (Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.) wrote:

Be careful, Gary. There's a lurker around here called "Ranger". (I may be wrong, but I think she's the one who was arrested for starting a forest fire to get even with her husband.) If she thinks you've invented a cute nickname for Bob, she'll imitate everything you say. Then she'll call you names because she doesn't think it's fair that you're smarter than she is.
Please forgive Bob for flaming you. I'm afraid his envy showed its ugly head. A few months ago, he emailed most of us to announce that he would soon be a gigolo like you. Then he learned that he didn't have enough college credits for certification.

Preaching is what made this group great.

Preaching should be directed at someone else unless of course you're preaching to yourself.

My niece visited from the midwest. I told her I was going to explain the importance of obedience. She said she wouldn't mind if I did. That challenge to my authority left me no choice but to slap her hand with a ruler.

I know you're angry, but MUST YOU SHOUT?

You alert others by talking to yourself?

--
Until next time,
Marcey

Barbeque Boob is popular around these parts! In heavy competition to the Road Kill Kafee They have something in common with each other too! Both are inedible and the gray barrels also say so.
As far as The Ranger, her superiority came shining right through!

Well, I guess for about 20 years I could have been considered a gigolo! Although the term 'a kept man' was how I was often described! On my IRS Return I used the term 'househusband' (lower taxes), hi hi
I think he's just jealous!

AMEN to that Sister!

No, I was preaching to the whole congregation, at large!

Good for YOU!!!!!

It DOES help get the STAINS OUT, hi hi.....

I know, I had better be careful on that point, lest I be 'put away' for it.
Ut Oh, there coming to take me away hee hee haa haa ho ho to the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and their coming to take me away hee hee haa haa ho ho to the funny farm, where basket weavers sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes hee hee haa haa ho ho. Exit, stage left!
TTUL Gary
[snip forgettable text] Go look in any mirror and you'll see a scarlet "L" branded dead-center on your forehead.
The Ranger
--
All you guys do is waste bandwidth with your nonsense.
Pvt. Bilge, ace, 8/19/03
snipped-for-privacy@bbs.galilei.com.nospam (Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.) wrote in message

ha ha

Don't give up the day job!
[snip of major bleating by an old goat]
Oh come on. If you're going to try and land me, use a pickled rind tail jig, not just a spinner!
ObOP: 2 Tbs. Sugar mixed with 1 Tbs. boric acid set under house where the suckers are coming in; simple and easily removed once the problem moves on. Mix up a cup's worth and pour around ant hole.
The Ranger

It blows the suckers up! Reason: Ant's can't expel gas. And it won't hurt your pets (just don't stand behind them!)
TTUL Gary
x-no-archive: yes
"Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr." wrote in message

I agree. I have noticed that it frequently is NOT worth driving to another store to get a few things I think will be cheaper, so I usually get my stuff in my local supermarket. I also believe in supporting/shopping at my local store. I was in Home Depot yesterday with composted manure, grass seed and clippers in my cart. I got so frustrated waiting in line I left without checking out. I will go to my local True Value today and get the stuff. Probably more expensive but a lot less frustrating.
Hi Bonnie
In the long run it may be less expensive!
I'll pass on the manure, but you probably got a higher quality slower growing more hardy grass seed blend with a higher germination rate and a better grade of clippers that will last years longer from your local store. And as you pointed out, with a whole lot less aggrivation!
Last spring I bought a 50 lb bag of grass seed from WalMart (their last bag of that blend) and picked up a second bag (similar blend) from our local hardware to finish up the rest of the yard.
The part of the yard done with the WalMart grass seed continued to need mowed once a week, while the local bag required cutting every other week. On the surface this may seem like the WalMart seed was faster growing, it was, but the fast growing 'shade' grass to protect the slower growing quality grass until it takes hold kept growing and didn't allow the slower growing to gain a proper foothold.
As we neared the end of the summer, the part of the yard planted with the local hardware stores grass seed, was completely of the kind of grass desired and most of the shade seed was now gone. That part of the yard looked great! The WalMart seed was still putting out the shade grass and very little of the desired grass was seen.
After the first few freezes, it was evident that the hardware seed did it's thing, then by the following spring, this spring, the side of the yard done with the hardware store grass seed is exactly how I wanted it. The WalMart side is very sparse of the desired grass, but it is there and the shade grass (which is an annual grass) is no longer present.
I spent more time than I should have, having to cut every week instead of every other week, and still did not end up with the lawn I wanted after the first year.
So there is more than meets the eye in many products. The price may be higher, but the quality is also much higher, from your local suppliers.
TTUL Gary