What is a res bar?

I work in an architectural practice and have heard the term 'res bar' mentioned quite a few times recently. I'm assuming it's related to sound and the dampening of, in a wall. Does anybody know what it is?
And before you suggest to ask my work colleagues, I'm at a level in the firm where I should know what the term means, but don't, so asking the question would be a bit embarrasing. TIA.
Mike

An interesting, if all too common, situation. What about context? Who uses the term and what is the topic?

Yeah, "Pop-quiz, people! WHo knows what a res-bar is?"
;)