The 20x20 saga...

Ok you guys saw kens 20x20 floor, now I gotta do the walls. My SOP is 1/2" plywood and lots of nails. Wifey says others are using a product called "ten test". It's like a heavy black cardboard, that many use.
To the question, what do architects recommend?
TIA Ken
PS:I detest *ten test*, everytime I miss the damn nail I get a new hole!!!