Sound proof btw masterbr. and studio

I'm adding on to an existing. My wife's master bedroom is going to be next to my music studio. The addition consists of a floor with a raised foundation of 18" space in the living quarters. The music studio will be on a 6" slab. I intend on building a studio within the shell of the addition to accomadate proper sound proofing needs. I wish to use the concrete floor in the studio rather than carpet or wood, with metal studs to create the room with-in a room.
Question: Being the living quarters is on a raised foundation and the studio on a 6' slab, will sound be transmitted to my wife's master?
Rick Meadows Bass Players Drink Bass and Homebrew

Depends on his "room-within-a-room" concept and how well he deadens the sound. It might be transmitted, it might not. Time to do some research online about sound transmission.
As I read again, it looks like the floor levels of the bedroom and studio are not the same. This helps. Ideally, the slab of the studio should have an isolation joint between it and the foundation of the other room. Then you should have separate studs on both floors to support the walls of each space. Do not tie these studs together anywhere except the perimeter. Do not try to put any gypsum or other solid material between the two sets of studs. That would help blockage of high frequency sounds but would hurt blockage of low frequencies that are more difficult to control. Put as much gypsum as you can on the wall surfaces. Layers of different thicknesses of gypsum with acoustical sealant between them can help damp out resonances and coincident frequency effects. Alternatively, consider using some of the new Quiet Solution proprietary wallboard. Of course you want batts in the wall cavity. This is just a beginning. Details must be handled carefully. If you have the space to spare, a large gap as suggested by Don can be helpful, but is not necessary if you handle the details carefully. Just do be aware that if it is very quiet in the bedroom and very loud in the studio, you will always be able to hear some leakage.

Thank you Mr. Steward. I intend on doing all of the above, as you stated, dead space btw rooms, r-30, sound proof wall board and two 5/8s' sheet rock. My wife does play, she plays the radio, very loud, thank you. My concern was not for her being in the room and having it quiet, I now there is leakage. I was more concerned with the concrete floor transmitting into and out of the room. Should I put concrete felt btw the stem wall (18") and the 6" slab, or is that not any different than pouring against one another. I play bass guitar in a jazz, blues and Hendrix cover band. I understand the large waves of the bass. I record the bass on two tracks, one direct and the other amped. The vol. can stay low and not create much leakage.
And really, I want to stop most, if not all sound coming into the studio.
Thank you once again Gents for a fine bit of conversation.
Rick Bass Players Drink Bass

Rick, thanks for the topic. Speaking for myself (and I'm sure Don), as a fellow musician, I am a bit jealous your getting to set up your own "room" properly. My wife already knows it's on the agenda for our next house (that I will be designing). I will definitely revisit this thread when that happens. Although, I will be ignoring my own posts. ;)
What kind of gear do you have?
Thank you Cato for your assistance. I have the following: 62 330 Ricky 65 Strat, stock blk 67 Duo Sonic w/ lipstick p.u. 70 Fender F-210 Acou. 75 P Bass, Artic White 97 50th Annv. Jazz , blk 00 Carvin Fretless hollow w/ trans. p.u. 02 Tely, Lipstick and Humb., blk on wht 1000w Carvin Bass Head w/ 410 and 1-18 folded 75 450 Acoustic w/ 2-15 and front loaded 18 16/4/2 channel Sound Master board 2- T-38' 2-Adat 8's Bunch of outboard gear... 357 Colt lever/12 gage/2 Marlin 22's w scopes and I make my own beer (great stuff, says Laura, and she's a wine drinker)..........All looking for a new studio to reside in, and this will happen after the city (Garden Grove, Ca.) approves my plans, altho I plan on deveating from the plans allitle in regards to the studio.
Thank you again gents,
Rick Bass Players Drink Bass and Homebrew
When life gets "real" good consider recording here: www.allairestudios.com
Be sure to check out the "studios" section and plans, equipment etc links
Then again, you seem to be on your way to building your own recording studio but a visit here is like walking into a great great model for what you might be dreaming of.

The "All Aire" is beautiful. I showed Laura and tried to explain that we should move to the country, (like she said, "wheres' the "country" here in Socal) and build a studio/house. Of course she said House/Studio, so those plans are out. Oh well, the place is stunning.
Rick Bass Players Drink Bass and Home Brew
Should I put concrete felt btw

should be fine.