Newspaper "House"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7285373.stm
Special feature: "...the rain would help congeal the paper turning it into an 'even stronger and solid material'. "

Yeah, real original. There was a guy that built a rolled newspaper house over fifty years ago. Everything was made from rolled and varnished newspaper - including the piano and furniture.
I hate art plagiarism the most of all.

Correction - 85 years ago. http://www.paperhouserockport.com/inside.html
RicodJour wrote:

Limited pics, but it looks more real and liveable than the current. And it's lasted 85 years?
RicodJour wrote:
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7285373.stm >> >> Special feature: >> "...the rain would help congeal the paper turning it into an 'even >> stronger and solid material'. " > > Yeah, real original. There was a guy that built a rolled newspaper > house over fifty years ago.
I wouldn't doubt it. Wasps have been making paper houses for even longer... Imagine you and your family having to chew/moisten every last bit of your house. Makes me think why I've sometimes been less than impressed with some of the Guinness World Records.
> Everything was made from rolled and > varnished newspaper - including the piano and furniture.
"Now where'd I put my sheet-music? ...Ooop, there it is." (slides paper piano and bench over to varnished wall...)
> I hate art plagiarism the most of all.
I imagine that some artist has already challenged the concept too-- maybe somewhat like those Warhol Campbell's soup cans.
I just saw a documentary called 'My Kid Could Paint That'... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Kid_Could_Paint_That
Recommended. It questions what is or can be part of the world of art/"art".
What I took from the film was perhaps something more profound than the film seemed to want to offer, namely; the point where the artist and the world if art-- the critic, collector, agent, mentor, promoter, student, teacher, prank-maker, gallery-owner, media, patrons, etc., converge and/or become one-- the point, perhaps, where "art" (or whatever you want to call it) folds in on itself.
If I gambled, I'd put my money on a "re-plosion" being primitive or primeval in nature and maybe "private art" that's "not meant to be seen"...Or maybe no art at all. Who knows, you might one day hear of an "artist" that has an exhibition with nothing in it-- just the blank gallery walls maybe with empty frames; or who has everything at home, or who just shows these odd little "internet-esque thumbnails" at the gallery; or who hangs blank canvases of various sizes; or who paints these abstract paintings with their eyes closed-- what they see when their eyes are closed.
It's probably all already been done!
Oh well, I guess there's always honest-to-goodness plagiarism. ;)