Help! Unblocking the rain drain!

Hello again!

We've had this outside drain blocked probably since we moved in nearly

5 yrs ago but only noticed it last year!

I borrowed some dynarods but the damn drain u-bends around the 12-inch mark (as I remember). I also tried caustic soda (not advisable, apparently) to no avail.

Not sure where this drain leads off.

Any advice on a diy fix would be much appreciated!

Thx,

Mark Dathorne

Reply to
Mark_Dathorne

Time to get your hands dirty! (and Very cold)!!

Reply to
Dave Jones

yes, get your arm in there and drag up the foul smelling gravely muck you'll find at the bottom. Rubber gloves are a good idea even if water goes insidethem. it stops the stink from getting ito the pores.

it is satisying when it's done though :-)

Robert

handy tools may include a small cheap ladle or a tin with some storng string attached. I also found a bent (or mostly unbent) coat hanger to be useful to break up the gunge.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Heavy gauge rubbish bags and elastic bands to hold them in place near the shoulder...

Reply to
Bob Eager