I had a site visit near the crystal

and I said I'd post pix if I had a camera.....and I had a camera....
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/michaelbulatovich/DSCN3287-1.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/michaelbulatovich/DSCN3289-1.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/michaelbulatovich/DSCN3288.jpg
How ya gonna keep'em down on the farm?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

I'd hate to see the size of the guy who spilled all those pieces of stuff

Do you remember the last time it was "cool" to loom over the public realm like that?

Are you talking about its overlap of the older building too? :)

No just the public realm. When I was in school the consensus was that this was a mistake and a slippery slope to the erosion of the quality of the public realm (street).

A little like downtown overhead catwalks, especially lower ones, which remove natural light and can also give the feeling that, when walking underneath them, that somehow one is suddenly on private property.
As a related side-note; two years ago, I had a security guard come up to me while I was photographing a Christmas tree inside the renovated heritage building (I think it's called The Terminal) that gives access to the Seabus ferry in Vancouver and has a number of kiosks and cafes inside. He insisted that I must stop because taking pictures was not allowed.
Check this out: http://backslash.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid /07/31/195248

Sometimes I don't know why the hell I care anymore.
I like this persons comment though:
http://yro.slashdot.org/comments.pl?cid 811973&sid2586&tid8
Would saying something like that and bluffing be considered a crime?
--
Edgar

Perhaps if everyone cared (at least a bit more than many seem to) in their own small ways and corners of the globe, there'd be a greater- than-the-sum-of-their-own-parts effect.
Myself, after my architectural CAD certificate courses, I might like to hook up with an international volunteer social housing outfit.
Despite the differences, I Don seems pretty much on the same side, but just doesn't realize it sometimes because he's got a few vestiges of "capitalism" left in him and his stubborn wriggling and squirming around makes it hard to take the rest out.

That's something I thought of too, and is possible with today's technology. Many cops are sitting ducks (so they need be quacking the way their job description says, unless they're ok with getting shot and dined on).
I did manage to snap that pic at the last minute, incidentally. I would have wanted more time to set it up, but despite the guard hovering over me, I was surprisingly-pleased with the results. I'll post it later on. It has some architectural elements of interest in it as well.

I doubt it... I say if you don't have the technology, though, you could always bring a friend as a shadow-sniper with the same equipment (plus some zoom lenses). With that setup, I'd almost want to take a few weekends just to go duck-hunting. :)

That's why the guys running China are so nervous. Their people are using cellphone-cameras to narrow-cast goings on where the gov't is putting the boot to somebody in order to manufacture a crowd of witnesses....It's only a matter of time before we see a Gorbachev there because if they don't let go, it'll be mayhem, IMHO. They'll probably get around to solidifying private property laws and the court system first.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Hi Michael, is this in TO ? I haven't heard anything about it out here in BC. But my most pressing question is about the street name, am I seeing correctly - "Avenue Road" ??? No number or cardinal designation ? Ron

Toronto" thing.

Avenue runs N-S and starts at that intersection, below that the pavement is called "Queen's Park Circle".
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca