Hummus is simpler than even making donuts

Hummus with tahini (what you are really thinking about) = chickpeas, skinned and mashed, sesame tahini (stir its oil in with a with a chopstick before blending), fresh lemon, crushed garlic cloves (powdered will do), hot peppers or oregano or whatever else you want to adulterate the pure essence of hummus with. Spice with some sea salt (good for you) and some hot paprika. The skins come off the chickpeas

Experiment with proportions I use 1 part peas to 1/2 part sesame tahini, and use the liquid I cook the chickpeas in (you can use canned liquid) to get the correct consistency

Reply to
++

I've used Hummus as a substitute for mayonaise for years. Much more flavorful in sammiches. yum.

Reply to
Pierre Levesque

I hear it's great in the garden too.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Hummus also goes great on bagels or toast, so it's an excellent breakfast food. Applied liberally to the skin it makes an excellent sunblock - though it does seem to attract insects, rodents, bears and a lot of pointing/staring/nose-holding.

RicodJour

Ever tried it as a construction material? Maybe some sort of caulking or mortar application?

Reply to
Pierre Levesque

Chick peas are the new hemp...only legal!

I need a small slab of concrete outside, maybe I'll try hummus.

Reply to
Edgar

Composting stale leftovers? ;)

Rico wrote: > Applied liberally to the skin it makes an excellent sunblock - though > it does seem to attract insects, rodents, bears and a lot of > pointing/staring/nose-holding.

How to reduce one's hubris through hummus.

Reply to
Señor Popcorn

So that's why I'm a mosquito magnet......just joking.

Reply to
++