help on finding 1:100 scale items

Hello, I'm trying to find 1:100 scale human figures and possibly vehicles for a diorama that a friend built some time ago and now I'm helping to finish off. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of it at the time and so had no say in the unusual scale he used. I understand Architects sometimes use this scale when making landscape displays, does anyone know of any manufacturers who make model items in this scale?

Regards,

Richard

Reply to
Richard
1:100 is a standard scale size here in Europe.

It's only America that are about 40 years behind it seems :-) ( LOL)

David

Reply to
D. A. Hicks

"Richard" wrote in news:432758ed$0$12687$ snipped-for-privacy@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au:

1:100 scale is commonly used for elevations and may include people and vehicles to give 'scale' to buildings and other constructed items, and trees and shrubs, existing and proposed, might also appear. However, in most CAD drawings, these are drawn in real world units, eg representations of people will be around 1 - 1.9 metres, and the drawing is only scaled when printed. 1:100 for a typical building with people and vehicles printed at A3 will not show much detail. Archives of postings to any CAD newsgroup, or internet search engines will throw up links to CAD blocks which can be inserted in drawings. If the blocks are already scaled, they can be rescaled to the required drawing units. The difficult bit will be finding blocks which are typically Australian, eg you might not find any trees that have the characteristics of eucalypts. Regarding trucks, you will find plenty of 18 wheeler semis but not 26 wheelers/B-Doubles/road trains. You might have to buy these or modify existing blocks, eg copy/extend to insert the third axle....
Reply to
Troppo

Possibly because we learn at an early age that it's possible to divide by numbers other than 10. Seriously. It can be done.

RicodJour

I think you'll find he's referring to real model people not CAD models.

There will be loads of manufacturers making 1:100 scale people and vehicles for architectural models I would have thought as its a common scale here in the UK although not as common as 1:200 or 1:500 scale models - just do a search on Google. They will probably cost a bit more though. Have you thought about model railways - dont know what scales they use but they may be quite close.

Nats

Reply to
Nats

Na, you borrowed it from us in the first place !

David

Reply to
D. A. Hicks

Model Train scales HO - 1/87 which would be the closest. S - 1/64 O - 1/48 G - 1/22 N - 1/160 Z - 1/220

I used HO figures, and plastic parts (I beams etc.) in school many times for

1/8" models......was close enough.

Reply to
P Fritz